This simple keto strawberry smoothie is straightforward to make and tastes scrumptious with each contemporary or frozen strawberries. It has a creamy avocado base and a wealthy strawberry taste that makes for a scrumptious and fast meal choice.
Protein Shake or Keto Shake?
A standard false impression is that keto is excessive protein and excessive fats. Keto is low carb and reasonable protein, so we needed to verify we made a smoothie recipe which match these macros. Instead of utilizing a ton of excessive protein components, we selected to make use of excessive fats ones like avocado. Avocado is wealthy in soluble fiber making it a good way to get each macronutrients and micronutrients(1). Soluble fiber has additionally been identified to assist with digestion and blood sugar regulation to cut back the chance of diabetes (2).
If you need to have extra protein in your keto strawberry smoothie to make it filling as a meal alternative, that’s helpful too. Check out our record under to seek out some prime quality protein choices which can be simple keto additions to this strawberry smoothie recipe.
FREE PRINTABLE: Keto Food List
Join 150,000 others to get a FREE keto meals record and new recipes each week!
Protein may help to make a extra satiating shake and is certainly really useful for smoothies which can be getting used as a meal alternative. Some simple keto protein additions are:
- Protein Powder– Protein powder is the right simple keto solution to make a smoothie with almond milk extra filling and satiating. There is quite a lot of protein powder flavors that vary from vanilla ice cream to cinnamon toast crunch! Just make certain whichever protein powder you select is low carb and keto pleasant.
- Greek Yogurt– Greek yogurt is strained yogurt selection leaving primarily simply protein behind. That makes it a terrific low carb addition to this smoothie recipe, as a result of it bumps up the protein and creaminess issue. Check that the yogurt you select is low in sugar and carbs. Most dairy free keto yogurts can be made with unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk and never have that a lot protein. Therefore, protein powder can be your only option on a dairy free keto food regimen.
- Powdered Almond Butter– A vegetarian pleasant protein supply for this keto strawberry smoothie recipe can be powdered almond butter. It’s creamy and nutty with 5 grams of protein for 2 tablespoons (four internet carbs).
Fresh or Frozen Berries
Making a strawberry smoothie keto wasn’t too troublesome as a result of fortunately most berries are already low carb. However, a standard query we get about our smoothie recipes is whether or not or not the berries must be frozen. You’ll be comfortable to know that this keto strawberry smoothie does NOT require frozen berries! With any keto smoothie frozen berries are supreme, however not 100% obligatory. The internet carbs gained’t change solely the feel will. Frozen berries are inclined to make a extra sorbet ice cream like texture, whereas the contemporary berries will make a thinner smoothie. The smoothie texture is admittedly as much as desire, however no must stress about having a strawberry pint frozen up to have the ability to make this recipe.
Can I Use Mixed Berries?
The wonderful thing about keto recipes particularly smoothies, is that almost all components are fairly interchangeable. We wouldn’t suggest skipping the avocado for that creaminess, however altering a strawberry base to combined berry one is a simple swap!
Keto Milk Options
Searching for the perfect keto milk choice to put in your strawberry smoothie? We have fairly just a few wholesome keto choices you may strive in our keto milk alternate options weblog submit. In fast abstract although, a few of the greatest low carb milk alternate options are:
- Unsweetened Almond Milk- Insure that the almond milk you purchase is sugar free to be able to be keto pleasant. Almond milk is normally very simple to seek out in lots of grocery shops in each the fridge isle and common isles.
- Unsweetened Cashew Milk- Sometimes cashew milk may be tricker to seek out, however is commonly within the refrigerated part. It’s dairy free and low in each carbs and energy so you may take pleasure in it in lots of keto recipes.
- Half and Half- This choice does have dairy and might add up in carbs when consumed in excessive quantities. It’s known as half and half as a result of there’s half fats/ cream half milk (aka lactose sugar). A number of tablespoons shouldn’t be greater than a pair grams of carbs, however it’s one thing to be conscious of.
- Unsweetened Coconut Milk- Coconut Milk can be dairy free and is available in quite a lot of varieties. You can discover it refrigerated, canned, and boxed on the common cabinets.
- Heavy Whipping Cream- Heavy cream is a keto staple. It’s excessive fats and low carb good for an excellent keto food regimen.
Any of those low carb milk choices will work in keto smoothie recipes or baked items. The larger the fats rely (ex. heavy cream) the creamier your drink can be.
A Dairy Free Keto Strawberry Smoothie
Love dairy but it surely doesn’t love you again? Don’t fear, as a result of this keto strawberry smoothie is tremendous simple to vary and regulate primarily based in your food regimen preferences. We’ve used almond milk in addition to heavy cream within the base and located each to work effectively on this recipe. This is due to the avocado used which might make even the plainest unsweetened almond milk easy and creamy.
Other than the milk alternative this low carb keto strawberry smoothie is totally dairy free! If you probably did need further sources of dairy free protein and fats you may add:
- A High Quality Protein Powder– We normally use zero carb animal primarily based protein powders, however you should utilize a low carb vegan choice.
- Coconut Oil– Adding a tablespoon or two of coconut oil is a good way to bump up the fats on this recipe in case your are selecting to make use of almond milk as a substitute of excessive fats heavy cream
- Coconut Cream– Canned coconut cream is one other scrumptious excessive fats addition to this keto strawberry smoothie if almond milk is just a little too skinny for you.
Everyone loves simple keto recipes and smoothies definitely match the invoice. We by no means need anybody to really feel like they will’t take pleasure in a keto recipe simply because they’re dairy free. Enjoy this scrumptious keto strawberry smoothie recipe with our record of dairy free additions and substitutions.
High Fat Variations
If you’re trying to up the fats on this keto strawberry smoothie, be at liberty to strive a few of our favourite low carb smoothie additions:
- Cream Cheese– Cream cheese makes a scrumptious excessive fats choice for all of your sugar free keto smoothie recipes. It’s gluten free, has nice vitamin info for keto, and tastes like strawberry cheesecake if you put the components in a blender.
- Coconut Cream/ Unsweetened Coconut Milk– Coconut cream or coconut milk works nice as a excessive fats addition to this keto strawberry smoothie. They gained’t cowl the strawberry taste, however will add just a little little bit of coconut taste for a extra tropical keto pleasant drink.
- Heavy Whipping Cream– Heavy cream makes scrumptious keto strawberry smoothies that style virtually like ice cream milkshakes. Unlike unsweetened coconut milk, cream is thick and opulent. It makes an excellent easy and wealthy drink to take pleasure in as a keto breakfast, or strive including a little bit of whipped cream on high for a sugar free ice cream shake dessert.
- Nut Butters- While this keto strawberry smoothie does have almond butter, the quantity per serving isn’t enormous and will positively be bumped up. Add a hefty serving measurement of nut butter to your strawberry smoothies if you make this recipe as a meal alternative. It will add each fats and protein that will help you keep full.
These are only a few excessive fats variations, however there are tons extra choices you may strive. Smoothies are simple to make and tremendous customizable that means you may add no matter new components and flavors you feel that day.
How to Make a Keto Strawberry Smoothie
The solely piece of kit you’ll need for this keto smoothie recipe is a excessive energy blender. The two hottest blenders are the Vitamix and Ninja Blender. Personally, now we have the Vitamix and find it irresistible for keto smoothie recipes as a result of it does job breaking up all of the ice cubes.
To make a strawberry smoothie keto you’ll need a sugar free sweetener (we used erythritol), low carb almond milk, avocado, almond butter, ice cubes, and frozen strawberries. That’s it! This keto strawberry smoothie is tremendous fast and straightforward to make so you may seize it and exit the door in underneath 10 minutes.
Making a Low Carb Strawberry Smoothie
To make this recipe merely mix all of the components collectively in your blender till easy. Pour right into a cup and high with any most well-liked additions. We love including toppings like: whipped cream, contemporary mint, chia seeds, or contemporary strawberries. You may mix in further chia seeds for added fiber and crunch.
More Keto Smoothie & Shake Recipes
If you tried this recipe and are coming again once more, take a look at considered one of our different scrumptious smoothie recipes to toss into your rotation:
- Keto Blueberry Cheesecake Smoothie– This smoothie recipe solely takes about 5 minutes complete time to make. It’s wealthy, creamy, and tastes identical to a candy blueberry cheesecake.
- The 5 Best Keto Shakes– If a strawberry shake isn’t your vibe strive considered one of our different 5 greatest low carb smoothie shakes. We have the whole lot from refreshing lemon blueberry, to decadent and creamy tiramisu.
- Nutritious vs. Delicious Keto Smoothies– Whether you might be all about having the perfect tasting smoothie, or probably the most nutritious keto smoothie; we’ve acquired you coated. Our greens shake is bound to cowl all of your micronutrients on a keto food regimen. And our scrumptious shake then again is bound to cowl all these cravings!
Keto Strawberry Smoothie
With such low internet carbs per serving you don’t have any excuse to not whip up this easy but scrumptious smoothie recipe. It works amazingly with each frozen strawberries and contemporary berries, as a result of the added avocado will make this low carb recipe easy both approach. We’re positive this keto strawberry smoothie will develop into a staple in your low carb food regimen as a consequence of its simplicity and velocity.
Keto Strawberry Smoothie
Make this simple keto strawberry smoothie with simply 5 components. Your keto meals not have to be heavy and dense with this mild and contemporary smoothie recipe.
Total Time three minutes
Calories per serving 507kcal
Prep Time: three minutes
Cook Time: zero minutes
Add the avocado, almond butter, frozen strawberries, heavy cream, sweetener and ice cubes to a blender.
Blend on excessive velocity for 20-40 seconds or till the components are evenly combined. Serve and luxuriate in.
To use stevia rather than erythritol as a sweetener add 10-15 drops of liquid stevia.
Keto Strawberry Smoothie
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 396
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 10g50%
Vitamin A 605IU12%
Vitamin C 95mg115%
* Percent Daily Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie food regimen.